DRAs offer indies a chance to raise their profile
The closing date is fast-approaching for the independent categories in the 2021 Drinks Retailing Awards.
The awards are a chance for the UK’s top alcohol stores to let the trade and consumers know about what they do.
The awards are free to enter and offer the opportunity for finalists and winners to raise their profile both locally and nationally.
We want to hear from the best all-round specialists and c-stores, shops with a dedicated focus on beer, wine, spirits and cider, and hybrid on/off venues.
For the first time, there are awards for the businesses that excel in social media and who have run a single outstanding drinks promotion.
Dawn Davies, head buyer for the Whisky Exchange, which has won numerous Drinks Retailing Awards over many years, said: “Showing consumers that you are award winners can never be a bad thing and we always display the awards we have won past and present as it shows consistency of service and quality.”
The gala awards night is in London next February, but we have a long and through autumn of judging ahead of us, so entries close on August 3.
You can find out more about how this works and how to enter at drinksretailingawards.co.uk.
The full list of independent categories is as follows:
- Independent Wine Retailer of the Year
- Independent Beer Retailer of the Year
- Independent Spirits Retailer of the Year
- Independent Drinks Retailer of the Year
- Independent Cider Retailer of the Year
- Convenience Store of the Year
- Regional Chain of the Year
- Hybrid Retailer of the Year
- Luxury Retailer of the Year
- Best Social Media of the Year
- Best Independent Retailer Promotion
- Newcomer of the Year