Two weeks to go for DRA 2021 indie entries
There are just two weeks to go for independent off-trade retailers to get their entries in for the 2021 Drinks Retailing Awards.
In this most extraordinary of years we’re looking to unearth the stores that smashed it out of the park before and after lockdown – and even during it!
We want to hear from the best all-round specialists and c-stores, shops with a dedicated focus on beer, wine, spirits and cider, and hybrid on/off venues.
For the first time, there are awards for the businesses that excel in social media and who have run a single outstanding promotion to set their customers’ worlds alight.
One of the most popular categories is always that for the best newcomer, won last year by specialist bottle shop Indie Beer of north London.
Co-owner Owen Daniel said: “As a young business we still see natural sales growth, but we also think it's fairly safe to say that there has been an extra little bump in sales and definitely a lot more engagement since the award.
“We are also sure that this award is another string to our bow and will help to give us credibility in the wider business community.”
The awards night is not until next February but entries for the independent categories close on August 3, to allow enough time for the thorough judging process to take place.
You can find out more about how this works and how to enter at drinksretailingawards.co.uk.
The full list of independent categories is as follows:
- Independent Wine Retailer of the Year
- Independent Beer Retailer of the Year
- Independent Spirits Retailer of the Year
- Independent Drinks Retailer of the Year
- Independent Cider Retailer of the Year
- Convenience Store of the Year
- Regional Chain of the Year
- Hybrid Retailer of the Year
- Luxury Retailer of the Year
- Best Social Media of the Year
- Best Independent Retailer Promotion
- Newcomer of the Year