DRAs good for customers, suppliers and staff says winner
A winner in the independent categories of the Drinks Retailing Awards says the victory was good news for suppliers, customers and staff as well as the commercial health of the business.
Victor Zasadzki, owner of the Pilango, the winner of the Independent Cider Retailer of the Year category in the 2020 awards, says: “It’s a very useful part of our marketing to help us to ensure confidence and to emphasise the quality we offer our customers.
“It’s also great for our staff, both present and past. For them to be able to say that they have worked for an award-winning retailer can open doors for them, and it makes us a far more appealing prospect when looking for new retailing talent.
“We were of course shocked and thrilled in equal measures but ultimately the award belongs to the hardworking producers, whose goods we are the custodians of, and our customers, be it our regulars or those who have popped in to pick up that special gift for a loved one.”
Entries for the independent categories of the 2021 awards are now open and close on August 3.
You can find out more about how to enter at drinksretailingawards.co.uk.
The full list of independent categories is as follows:
- Independent Wine Retailer of the Year
- Independent Beer Retailer of the Year
- Independent Spirits Retailer of the Year
- Independent Drinks Retailer of the Year
- Independent Cider Retailer of the Year
- Convenience Store of the Year
- Regional Chain of the Year
- Hybrid Retailer of the Year
- Luxury Retailer of the Year
- Best Social Media of the Year
- Best independent Retailer Promotion
- Newcomer of the Year