DRA indie wine winner on award’s positive impact
The winner of this year’s Independent Wine Retailer of the Year says the kudos from the victory has brought tangible benefits.
Dunell’s in Jersey was the first ever Drinks Retailing Awards winner from the Channel Islands.
Jane Pinel, of the family-run business, says: “We successfully used all our social media channels as well as our website, email database and a large vinyl winner’s logo on our windows to advertise the win.
“We have received an exceptional amount of feedback and have even picked up new agencies off the back of winning.
“Winning an award like this gives us big kudos in the industry and it is wonderful to put our family-run business in Jersey firmly on the map.”
Entries for the independent categories of the 2021 awards are now open and Pinel said that is “well-worth entering”.
She added: “We found the entire experience from submission to the awards itself to be extremely professionally run and really fun to attend – a proper party atmosphere.”
The awards night is not until next February but entries for the independent categories close on August 3, to allow enough time for the thorough judging process to take place.
You can find out more about how this works and how to enter at drinksretailingawards.co.uk.
The full list of independent categories is as follows:
- Independent Wine Retailer of the Year
- Independent Beer Retailer of the Year
- Independent Spirits Retailer of the Year
- Independent Drinks Retailer of the Year
- Independent Cider Retailer of the Year
- Convenience Store of the Year
- Regional Chain of the Year
- Hybrid Retailer of the Year
- Luxury Retailer of the Year
- Best Social Media of the Year
- Best independent Retailer Promotion
- Newcomer of the Year