Everyday Bordeaux Selection 2018 seeks out the region's best affordable wines
UK retailers with national distribution are urged to submit their favourite Bordeaux wines for inclusion in the CIVB’s Everyday Bordeaux Selection 2018.
All wines that are entered will be blind tasted by a panel of experts led by Richard Bampfield MW, and the best ones will enjoy a marketing push throughout the year.
“The Everyday Bordeaux Selection is amplified through the CIVB’s PR and social media platforms and through marketing activities and events throughout the year,” said the CIVB. “It’s a great opportunity for free publicity and additional exposure for your Bordeaux wine range to both consumers and the trade.
The wines must adhere to certain conditions:
- Truly representative of Bordeaux, and in particular their appellation
- Offer high quality to value ratio
- Priced at retail between £6-20
- Accessible throughout the UK via multiple and independent retailers (if they offer national delivery), specialists and online retailers
- Available throughout 2018
- The selection aims to be comprised of a balanced mix of styles
- A maximum of 20 per retailer or agent
Any retailer with two or more stores can submit their wines for free, provided they have national distribution.
The winners will be the Bordeaux Wines UK website, along with stockist information, and showcased on all of its social media platforms.
It will also be used for bottle mailings to journalists, generating press coverage, and for CIVB tastings, pop-ups and training events across the UK.
“We would be keen to see entries across all styles this year, particularly from whites, rosés and crémants, as well as reds,” said the CIVB.
If you would like your Bordeaux wines to be included in the judging, please submit details of the wines using the following link: https://www.cubecom.co.uk/everydaybordeaux/
The deadline for submitting wines to be considered for the Everyday Bordeaux Selection is Wednesday, March 7.